EVA 4000 Shut down and restart procedures
- Stop the I/O. Stop all hosts first, except the one on which the command view EVA is running. If this host is a dedicated SMA, then no LUNs are presented to it, so open the Command View EVA application. If you don’t have any dedicated SMA, stop its applications first but leave the Command View EVA running.
Shutting down via the Command View is HP preferred method, it performs the following:
- Flushes cache.
- Removes power from the controllers.
- Disables cache battery power.
- Removes power from the drive enclosures.
- Disconnects the system from the Command View EVA.